Saturday, February 22, 2014

Class books arrived

I'm so excited. My official course arrived for my studies at East West School of Planetary Herbology or as we call it, Planet Herbs. This is just for the first 12 lessons. I wanted to make sure I was dedicated before paying for 1-36 at once. As it is, some people take a year or more to finish 1-12. I'm hoping it won't take me that long but want to make sure I grasp all of the information. Right now, it's like a lightbulb has switched on in my head.

 I chose East West because it integrates all Western, Chinese and Ayurvedic studies. Even in early Western medicine, we were closer to following ancient Greek and Chinese medicine, believing that parts of the body and symptoms told us something of deeper underlying issues. In the 1930's, pharmaceutical companies turned medicine into a business of money and developing petrochemicals got us away from using herbs and food as medicine. There was no money to be made if everyone knew they could pick dandelions out of their yard and have more nutrients and vitamins than something out of a bottle. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for medical doctors, but so often they treat symptoms and hand out pills instead of getting to the issue of why a person is sick to begin with. Okay, enough for now. I'm going with my scrapbook girlfriends on an outing after while and get my craft fix. More studies later!


0 comments:

Post a Comment